Welcome friends!!!
Wow, the start of 2014 has literally sent me off with a BANG!!! Seriously!!! I was a complete mess, and I thank each and every one of you who voted for me for that!!! :) That's a good thing. haha
Yesterday I was notified that I was a winner of the YATR (Young Adult & Teen Readers) Literary Awards. Not in one category, but SIX!!! Yes, six!!! So crazy!!! That completely blew me out of the water. I would have been over the moon with one win, but SIX wins flipped me over and sent my world spinning round and round, like a record player. Yeah, that's some song. Don't mind me. I can be completely random, but don't worry... I'm mostly sane.
This is the reason why I was so emotional yesterday. Here is what I won.
Pretty crazy, huh? OMG!!!
Yeah...I was shaking and crying and just a mess.
THEN, my PA messages me this morning and says my Author Page JUST broke 5K LIKES!!!
Talk about being blessed!!!
So, instead of a little TEASER, which I promised everyone that I would give today, I will give a longer one. You all have been so patient and I appreciate it!!!
OKAY...ARE YOU READY???
TEASER:
Please note that this is a completely UNEDITED really ROUGH draft!!! There might be changes to it in the future, but if I do it will definitely make it better. I am also horrible at editing, so please don't mind any mistakes now if you happen to run over them.
Okay...so do you remember the ending of Broken Wings...the STAIRCASE scene???
Well, this is when Emma makes it up to Kade.
Hope you enjoy the teaser!!!
Hidden Wings Book #3
©Cameo Renae
We stood a few feet from
each other, silent, staring into each other’s eyes.
“Kade,” I breathed. I
didn’t know what to say or how to begin.
In a second his eyes
softened and he immediately closed the distance between us. His strong arms
folded around me in a warm embrace. Overwhelmed and overcome with emotion, I
broke down.
“Hey, it’s okay,” he
breathed. You’re safe now.” He pressed his warm lips to my forehead.
I couldn’t speak, and
held tight to him. I thought I’d lost him, and never wanted to let him go. Everything came crashing
down on me at once. The death of my parents, and now Danyel. Coming so close to
death way too many times, and remembering Kade in so much pain and so close to
death. It was all too overwhelming.
Kade gently wiped my
tears and carefully led me into his room, snapping the door shut behind us.
Inside, he took me to his bed and sat me down, then grabbed a chair from the
far corner of the room and placed it directly in front of me. His warm fingers
gently wiped my tears.
“I was so worried about
you, Emma. From the moment I opened my eyes, and realized I wasn’t with you
anymore…you have no idea how much it terrified me. I wanted to be with you. I
wanted to return to you, but I was in pretty bad shape, and besides, Alaine wouldn’t
have allowed it.”
My heart ached hearing
those words, because I knew almost every moment I was in the Underworld, I
was worried sick about him too. The last time I’d seen him he was barely alive.
“I’m fine. Just really
exhausted,” I said.
“Well, when you’re
rested, I’d like to hear about your adventure. I’m so proud of you. I’m proud
that when it mattered you fought, survived, and came back to me.” His smile was
so bright that it seemed to lighten the dark, heavy cloud surrounding me.
“I promise to tell you
everything, but there is one thing I really need to ask you. Something that’s
been really bothering me.”
“You know you can ask me anything, Emma,” he
answered, lifting my chin to meet his beautiful hazel eyes. For a moment I was
entranced, and tried to read the many different emotions swirling within
them.
I sucked in a deep breath
and finally pushed out the words.
“Kade, why did you have
to give up your immortality? I mean, did you really have to? Dominic and
Malachi came into the Underworld and didn’t have to give anything up. I just
don’t understand.”
A look of sadness swept
over his face and my heart instantly shattered.
He kept his head down and
slowly nodded. I waited silently and patiently for his answer. He’d given up
everything for me, and I had to know why.
He sighed and then
steeled his eyes on mine. “The reason I did what I did was because……
I'm sorry... Okay, maybe not that sorry.
It's a TEASER! You didn't think I'd give you the answer did you??? Please don't kill me!!! You need me around to finish the story and find out why!!! haha
It's a TEASER! You didn't think I'd give you the answer did you??? Please don't kill me!!! You need me around to finish the story and find out why!!! haha
MORE questions will be answered in this next installment, and of course, more crazy adventures.
There will be some surprise guests as well.
I'm doing my best to finish this and get it out to you!!! Thank you all for being so patient. I love each and every one of my readers and cannot thank you enough for taking this journey with me. If you haven't read ARV-3 I suggest you do. I know if you loved the Hidden Wings Series, you will love ARV-3 just as much.
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/ARV-3-The-After-Light-Saga-ebook/dp/B00GWTXJH4/ref=zg_bs_7006703011_11
NEXT....since I've broken the 5K mark (WHOOO_HOOO!!!), I've decided to have a GIVEAWAY!!! Good luck everyone. This is open internationally.
Thank you all!!!
(((HUGS))) and best wishes for an AMAZING New Year!!!
XOXO,







I haven't read it yet but it's on my TBR! Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI have read all but decent!! <3 the series so far!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Congratulations on a fantastic start to the new year. Your Hidden Wings books are working their way up my MUST READ list. ARV-3 was tha one that hooked me on your writing.
ReplyDeletei've been a fun since it all started, okay since the day of publishing ::D
ReplyDeleteI haven't read the series yet but its on my tbr!
ReplyDeleteI will be starting it very soon! :-) Congrats Cameo on your achievements.
ReplyDeleteI have read them all. And loved them
ReplyDeleteThank you for the teaser! I absolutely can not wait until it comes out! Eeeeeeeekkk! Love love love your books!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the teaser! I absolutely can not wait until it comes out! Eeeeeeeekkk! Love love love your books!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read the new book <3 :) Love them!
ReplyDeleteAaaaaarghhhhh! You're killing me, woman!!! <3 I love it!!! Need more! Can't wait!!!!! XOxoXO
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to reread the series just to prepare for the next one!! Augh!! Killing us all, Cameo! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing writer! I am so excited to read Tethered Wings!! Love the teaser but of course, it's a tease. ;)
ReplyDeleteYep. And I'm getting rather impatient. :)
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Bring on the next adventure!! Pretty soon we're going to start picking teams, Ethon vs. Kade just like with Twilight, team Jacob or Edward ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, I have read the Hidden Wings series so far, and I have LOVED everything about it. It speaks to everything that I love in a brillant story, and I can't want to read the next part of it. :)
ReplyDelete(signed up as Amber M)
Ohhhhhh.....you're trying to kill us! LOVE the Hidden Wings series and cannot wait for the next book. I've got a friend hooked on them too ;)
ReplyDeleteNo I haven't but on my TBR list for sure!!! Congratulations on a great start on the new year!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the giveaway Cameo and I have read Hidden Wings book 1 and I loved it. I wanna share my review with everyone here!!
ReplyDelete10*s. I borrowed this book from Amazon Prime. This is an amazing book that took me by surprise. I enjoyed every minute of this book from beginning to end!! I totally enjoyed the fighting scenes in the book. The characters are phenomenal and I feel I was able to connect to each one and I fell in love with Kade!!! This is a MUST read that all hearts will fall for and all action lovers will admire and all will remember and read this story over and over again!! Thank you, Cameo Renae, for this fabulous story!!!
I love the Hidden Wings Series and so excited for the next one! Cameo you are a big tease..lol!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?!?!?! You are just so mean!! Ok I don't really mean that! I love you!! I just...I just can. not. wait! You are killing me here!! <3
ReplyDeleteNice Teaser! I've read one but need a book budget again to keep going. Thanks for the contest and Congratulations on the 5,000 Likes.
ReplyDelete