My name is Cameo Renae, and I am an author with CHBB.
My start:
In the beginning of 2012, as I was just finishing off Hidden Wings, and deciding what I was going to do. Self-publish or submit to a Publishing House.
I remembered hearing about a small, Indie Publishing company called Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly. I thought the name was so cool, and decided to look more into it. I found a simple web-site and a message saying they were accepting submissions...so, I decided to go for it!
I actually submitted to two small publishers, and...the nail biting began.
***2 days later***
I received an email from Sarah.
She said she was currently reading Hidden Wings and was loving it so far, and would be in contact with me in a few days.
***MORE NAIL BITING***
That weekend I received another message.
Sarah loved it and wanted to sign me!!!
OMG!!!
She wanted me!!!
picture taken from: laurenoutloud.com
I accepted and sent a message to the other publisher, who immediately gave me an offer as well. I declined and thanked them, and signed the contract with CHBB. I could feel a connection to CHBB's owner, Sarah Davis.
Within a week of submission, I became an official member of
Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly's FAMILY.
There is lots of love and warm fuzzies in our group.
And that is exactly what this publishing company is.
A family.
A bunch of like-minded individuals with one goal. To write and strive to become successful at it, BUT along the way...
everyone is helping everyone else.
That's what makes CHBB so successful. Not only that, but the fact that we have a leader who really cares about her authors, and wants to see them succeed!!!
In 2013, CHBB published Hidden Wings (January), Descent (May) , Broken Wings (June) and ARV-3 (November).
That is a record for me. My debut took me over a year to write, and in 2013, I published 4 books!?!
That is crazy!!!
I'm still scratching my head on that one.
What's even better is that ALL FOUR books have reached the Bestsellers list, and are still ranking on Amazon.
Hidden Wings and Broken Wings have hit #1.
Descent and ARV-3 have made it to #3.
It's been an amazing journey so far, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. I hope to see you there!!!

And there you have it. That's my story.
My Books:
Since I was signed, CHBB also re-published my debut novel:
In My Dreams
(December 2012)
Right now it's on sale for $0.99!!!
Only through December, so hurry!!!
Link:
My Hidden Wings Series was birthed in 2013 and is running strong! The next book in the series is being written now.
The Order:
Hidden Wings (Book #1)
Descent (Novella #1.5)
Broken Wings (Book #2)
Links:
Hidden Wings: http://smarturl.it/HiddenWings
My newest Post-Apocalyptic, Dystopian Romance.
Blurb:
The beginning of the end. The Apocalypse.
A nuclear fallout wiped out every living thing on the planet, except for a few thousand of us who took shelter in underground bunkers across the globe. Now, after thirteen long years, we were finally able to return to the topside to begin to rebuild.
We thought we were alone. We were never more wrong.
A nuclear fallout wiped out every living thing on the planet, except for a few thousand of us who took shelter in underground bunkers across the globe. Now, after thirteen long years, we were finally able to return to the topside to begin to rebuild.
We thought we were alone. We were never more wrong.
Before the fallout,
scientists had worked on creating an anti-radiation vaccine (ARV). The first two
attempts failed, but despite the incomplete tests and results, the government
approved and distributed the third serum to the masses in an effort to aid those
who had no shelter.
It worked, keeping those who remained on the topside alive, but it also altered and mutated them. This new and infectious threat had completely outnumbered us. Now, we not only had to rebuild our planet. We would have to fight for it.
My name is Abigail Park. I'm seventeen, and this is my story.
It worked, keeping those who remained on the topside alive, but it also altered and mutated them. This new and infectious threat had completely outnumbered us. Now, we not only had to rebuild our planet. We would have to fight for it.
My name is Abigail Park. I'm seventeen, and this is my story.
Link:
How about a
GIVEAWAY
Giveaway is International!
Ebooks & Swag are up for grabs!!!
Don't forget to join the 25 DAYS of CHBB event on Facebook!!
ONE lucky FAN will win a bounty of signed paperbacks!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours
and a
Happy New Year!!!
XOXO,















.jpg)
.jpg)




Thank you for sharing your story! I'm loving ARV-3 so far (I'm still reading it)! I truly hope that 2014 is even more successful for you than 2013!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about CHBB, other than the authors of course, is the camaraderie. All of the authors help promote each other, and I think that is great!
DeleteMy favorite thing about CHBB is the fact that without them, several up and coming authors have been given their chances to soar. I wouldn't have known about you, your incredible books and the chance to find other great authors that I normally wouldn't find.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! I love the Hidden Wings series and can't wait to read ARV-3! Congratulations on your successes and all the well deserved nominations!
ReplyDeleteReading this blog post has actually introduced me to CHBB! I'm still fairly new to the indie scene. Congrats on your success and best of luck to you in your endeavors!
ReplyDeleteYay! Great post. I like that they are excepting of all genres!
ReplyDeleteI have read all of your books Cameo and loved them all!! So excited for more! I also love the name of the Publishing company and look forward to reading more books from your company!
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteThat's an amazing story! Congratz on your success and good luck with the rest. :D <3
Entered the rafflecopter, thank you! <3
My favorite thing about CHBB is that they don't stick to only one genre. They have a nice range. :D
-Samantha Harlow
I love the fact that CHBB started in order to fill a need for authors and as a consequence filled a void for many readers. Reading a book is so much more fun when there is interaction with others who have the same literary interests. Through CHBB's desire to be fan and author friendly they have set a high bar for many other publishers and authors!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing all the stories from CHBB and their authors! I have all the Hidden Wings series books on my Kindle, Cameo! I hope to have ARV-3 very soon. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!
ReplyDeleteGreat story. Great giveaway
ReplyDelete