Hey Friends!
I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, so I figured I'd fill you in on my next book...IN MY REALITY!!!
In My Reality is going to be another roller-coaster ride. New characters, new locations, lots of suspense and even more of the paranormal. We are hoping that it will release this December!!!
I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, so I figured I'd fill you in on my next book...IN MY REALITY!!!
In My Reality is going to be another roller-coaster ride. New characters, new locations, lots of suspense and even more of the paranormal. We are hoping that it will release this December!!!
Sign up for my newsletter to get monthly updates:
Link to Newsletter: http://bit.ly/23HGKIy
EXCERPT
In My Reality (Sequel to In My Dreams)
By: Cameo Renae
(Text copyright 2016 by Cameo Renae)
***This excerpt has not been edited, so things may or may not be changed in the final book.***
In My Reality (Sequel to In My Dreams)
By: Cameo Renae
(Text copyright 2016 by Cameo Renae)
***This excerpt has not been edited, so things may or may not be changed in the final book.***
As I stepped inside the tanning salon, the bell dinged, and a cold shiver ran down my spine.
Glancing toward the corner of the waiting room was a teenage girl standing
alone. She wore a blue dress and had long, brown hair which curled perfectly
down her shoulders. Bright baby-blue eyes were sunken behind dark circles. Her
face was thin and pale, and she was dead.
“Can I help you?” Another girl came around the corner,
startling me. Her name tag read Amber. “You must be Lizzy.” She smiled, but her eyes showed concern. I must
have looked like a deer in headlights, because next,
she asked, “Are you okay?”
“Yes,” I exhaled.
I quickly dug through my purse and pulled out my wallet. My
fingers trembled as I handed her my
credit card. Nonchalantly, I glanced back over my shoulder to the dead girl
still standing in the corner. Her eyes were wide, frozen on me, sending another
icy shiver up my spine.
“Right this way,” Amber said, leading me toward one of the
back rooms. I’d opted for an upright tanning bed because standing seemed
so much easier than lying.
As I followed her,
a cold breeze caught my back, and I knew
the dead girl was following.
I hated that the dead
showed up in the most inconvenient places, wanting me to relay messages to the
living. The scariest part was wondering how the living
would take the information. I’d been called horrible names, punched in the face
once, and had the cops called on me. It was a good thing the cops already knew
of my ability, so I was let go.
Plus, it wasn’t my fault. I was just doing my job and had to complete it or would have pissed off
spirits haunting my ass. That wasn’t going to happen.
As Amber explained the details of how to work the tanning
chamber, I didn’t hear a word she said. The room became cold as the dead girl
stepped inside. I wanted to tell her to come back after my session, but spirits
didn’t give a damn whether or not I needed a tan for an upcoming vacation.
Amber paused and gave me a quizzical look. “Hey, are you
sure you’re okay? You look a little pale. These things really aren’t that hard
to work.”
I nodded. “Yes, I’m fine.”
I nodded. “Yes, I’m fine.”
She pulled a small bottle from her pocket. “You might want to
rub this on your body. You look like you haven’t done this in a while.” She
placed a bottle of sunscreen in my hand.
“Thanks. You’ve probably saved my skin from being lobsterfied.”
“Yeah, it happens too often.” She smiled and headed for the
door. “Press the button on the wall if you need my help.”
My stomach twisted as I glanced over her shoulder to the
ghost girl standing a few feet from her side. As uncomfortable it was, and as much
as I hated this, I had to do it. It was my calling.
“Hey, can I ask you a question?”
Amber paused and turned back to face me. “Sure.”
“Did someone close to you recently pass? A girl in her teens
with long brown hair and blue eyes?”
“What?” Amber’s eyes narrowed, and her brow furrowed.
I looked back at the ghost girl and she whispered, “Allison.”
“Her name was Allison,” I said, then held my breath.
Amber’s eyes widened, she froze in place. I watched her
hands ball into tight fists, and I could only pray she wasn’t going to hit me.
But after a few moments, she exhaled
loudly and uncurled her fingers. “How do you know, Allison? Was she a friend of
yours?”
“No,” I whispered. “She’s
here and wants me to give you a message.”
She glanced around the empty room then turned and glared at
me. “Is this some kind of sick joke? Allison is dead. We buried her a week
ago.”
“I know,” I breathed.
“And I’m so sorry for your loss. But her
spirit is here, standing right beside you. And before she crosses over she
wanted me to give you a message.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it! I hope you enjoyed this little excerpt. Remember to look out for it in December, and sign-up for the newsletter for updates!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it! I hope you enjoyed this little excerpt. Remember to look out for it in December, and sign-up for the newsletter for updates!!!
READ IN MY DREAMS!
Only $0.99 or FREE with Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.
Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/CameoRenaeFanPage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CameoRenae
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cameorenae/
XOXO,



No comments:
Post a Comment