Saturday, November 10, 2012

Touching Eternity by Airicka Phoenix ~ Blog Tour & Interview

Today I have the pleasure of having the wonderful, amazing, 
Airicka Phoenix
on my blog!!! Whoop-whoop!!!

Her new novel ~ Touching Eternity will be releasing DECEMBER 20, 2012!!! 
Here's more about it...  


Airicka Phoenix is the author of TOUCHING SMOKE (Touch Book #1), TOUCHING ETERNITY (Touch 1.5), TORRID, a short story as part of the Whispered Beginnings: A Clever Fiction Anthology and WANTING & INTENTIONS, two stories as part of the Midnight Surrender Anthology. When she's not hammering away at the keyboard, she can be found banishing pirates or crawling through the attic looking for lost treasure with her kids. She loves baking, gardening and reading. She also likes to travel and take pictures of everything she comes across. When asked, Airicka describes herself as a sarcastic basket case that has an unhealthy addiction to chocolate, old movies and really bad jokes. She loves to laugh, make friends and write. If she could have one wish granted, it would be to spend one day as a fly-on-the-wall inside Stephen King's mind. If she could have two wishes granted, she would ask for a castle dedicated entirely to her overwhelming collection of books.



What would you choose?
She had everything but freedom.
He had nothing but his loyalty, his wits and his training.
She was a prisoner, a disease, not fit for the world, and she didn't know why. But she did know she wasn't allowed to die, she wasn't allowed to live and she wasn’t sane.
He was a soldier, a protector, but his foundation will be tested when he must destroy the only light in his dark world.
Thrown together, prisoner and keeper, their rebellion will splinter through time, changing the course of history and the fate of the world. Their love will challenge their greatest enemy and immortalize them forever.
Loyalty. Freedom. Love.
What would you risk?
"Let me die."
Pain darkened his eyes. "Never."



 TRAILER


And now...Airicka answers some of my questions... Muahahaha

         When did you first start writing?
I was in third grade. The teacher asked us to write a story with pictures and words. I rewrote Beauty and the Beast.
 I was in the third grade too! Third grade teachers rock!
       
      What books do you have published?
At this time, I have Touching Smoke, plus 3 short stories in 2 anthologies. One is called Whispered Beginnings. The other is Midnight Surrender Anthology. Touching Eternity will be my second full length novel.
Touching Smoke is safely tucked in my Kindle. I can't wait to read it...and then I won't have to wait for Touching Eternity! YAY! 

        What do you need when writing? Music, candy, silence, etc.
Music. Hot chocolate.  Two very important things.

         Do you have a favorite character? Why?
I don’t. I don’t believe in picking favorites with my characters. They’re like my children. Picking between them just seems wrong.  lol
 Fine! I guess you're right...*sigh*

         Are you working on any new projects?
I am! I’m actually releasing two stories next year. One is called The Wrong Kind of Love and will be released for Valentine’s Day. It’s a fun contemporary novel I wrote for an English project in Gr. 8. The second is my Hunter Series, which is action packed and filled with suspense and heart melting romance.

         Any advice for aspiring authors?
When you listen to people who say you can’t, you’re only doing them a favor. But don’t do it to prove them wrong, do it to prove yourself right.
Good advice!
         
       What are you hoping fans will take away from this book?
I’m hoping a better understanding of human nature. Our need to grow, expand and meddle, yet at the same time we try so hard to avoid the nitty gritty, the undesirable things that turn our stomachs that we miss the warning signs until it’s too late.

Fun stuff:

Worst Movie ever watched: 
Human Centipede. OMG. A friend of mine made me watch it… ugh… *shudder*

OMG ~ Yep, that totally looks...lame! hahaha I don't think I would waste precious seconds of my life to watch that.
Food you won’t eat: 
Anything red! I hate red things in my food!

Really? Like lobster, or strawberries, or red velvet cake? Girl... I love red! Now, black or gray...like moldy gray... That would be another story... Ewwwww :p
This or That: (Which do you prefer)
Day or night? Night!
Coffee or Tea? Tea.
Ocean or Pool? Ocean.
Chicken or Fish? Chicken.
Vampires or Werewolves? Vampires… werewolves… both?? lol
 You're supposed to only pick only one, Airicka, but since it's you...I'll let you pass. *sigh* :)

Thank you so much, Cameo for having me visit your blog. I had so much fun answering your questions and chatting with you and your readers. I hope we can do it again! <3

Thank you, Airicka! I always have a blast when you're around!


Stalk Airicka:
Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Airicka-Phoenix/252135634831614?ref=hl
Goodread:
http://www.goodreads.com/AirickaPhoenix

 XOXO,

2 comments: