It is my greatest pleasure to have Author Madison Daniel on my blog today! I hope you enjoy the interview, and stay until the end...There will be a surprise!!!
MD is of course Madison, and CR is mwah!
Enjoy!!!
About the Author:
Music is LIFE and the written word is our SOUL. Music and writing have been my true ambition since I was a child. I have used music in every form possible; writing it, performing it, healing with it, etc. I call it my "life's soundtrack." I have always written in some form, from comic books to screenplays to short stories and now the new series "Ember." I have spent my writing life inspired by all the music of the universe, 80's movies and eye candy. When not writing I enjoy dreaming out loud, challenging the real world and inspiring the ones I love. I have found a true passion for my stories and characters and am eager to share them with the world.
Music is LIFE and the written word is our SOUL. Music and writing have been my true ambition since I was a child. I have used music in every form possible; writing it, performing it, healing with it, etc. I call it my "life's soundtrack." I have always written in some form, from comic books to screenplays to short stories and now the new series "Ember." I have spent my writing life inspired by all the music of the universe, 80's movies and eye candy. When not writing I enjoy dreaming out loud, challenging the real world and inspiring the ones I love. I have found a true passion for my stories and characters and am eager to share them with the world.
“Okay Madison...First question: Who or what
inspires you?”
MD:
Music is my biggest inspiration. I live it. I love it. I need it. But I find
that life is made up of moments, good and bad. They seem to push my creative
spirit the most.
CR: I have to totally
agree with you on that one! Playing the right music has a great effect on my
writing, and has cured most of my writers block, and is a huge part of my
writing moving forward.
“What are
some of your other passions, besides writing and music?”
MD:
Art. Painting and drawing in particular. Art is the study and craving of
“lines.” The sharp and Gothic angle of a buildings majestic doorway. The round
and comforting ripple on the water from a pebble dropped into it. The sleek and
inviting “V” of a woman’s neck to her collar bone. Lines, they rule my artistic
passions. That and I dig Xbox! Ha.
What’s
the last painting or image that’s moved you or stolen your breath?
CR: Wow…I
must say you have an artistic eye.
As for me,
the most recent thing that stole my breath was a place that we drove to here in
Alaska. It’s a place called Hatcher’s Pass. We were surrounded by majestic
mountains lightly dusted with snow. Below us were rivers and a lake with a
beaver dam, and all around us was nature…pure, untouched, and serene. Blueberry
bushes, all over the hillside were bountiful. No noise, no cell service…just
us. It was a magical, breathtaking moment! Photo's below... :)
“What is
something people would be surprised to know about you?”
MD:
I’m really a blonde. I’m. Dead. Serious.
Ahem,
not buying it...okay. You’re right, I made that up. :)
CR: Break-dancing??? hahaha OMG ~ Yes!!! I'd love to see that!!!
Any YouTube videos we can watch??? LOL
***Madison has
responded…He does have a video of himself moon-walking, HOWEVER that tape will be going
to the grave with him!*** LMBO
“So, when did you
realize that writing is what you wanted to do?”
MD:
Probably back in high school. Literature II, first period, my Junior year. I
was turning in all these short stories or poems or whatever the teacher asked
for, and getting back “A’s.” But the thing was, I wasn’t even really trying. I
would just scribble down some old lyrics from a song I had written in my band
or an old childhood fantasy. After the 5th or 6th “A” in
a row, I started to think there might be something to this. I ignored the true
writing urge for another decade before writing Ember in a dazed, musical
daydream at work. I’ve never looked back.
Cameo,
were you scared letting people see the first thing you ever wrote?
CR: Actually, I was
terrified. I wasn’t sure if people would like what I wrote, and I always had
butterflies when I knew someone was reading it!!! Actually, it still does. I
don’t think they will ever go away!
“Do you write
in absolute silence or the madness around you?”
MD:
Both. Due to the fact that I am a raging (and rocking) insomniac, I have plenty
of quiet time to put my dreams down on paper. Music (loud and soft) is a
constant though. Sometimes I am singing it. Sometimes playing it. Always
dancing to it!
What
about you, do you write best in the calm or the storm?
CR: In My
Dreams was written in the midst of a hurricane. The kids would come home at night,
plop on our bed, and watch movies while I wrote. TV blasting, laughing, and loud talking was done all around me. It was crazy but I found a way to write within the storm. :)
“What are
your favorites?? (Movie, book, person, etc.)”
MD:
Favorite movie is The Crow. BUT The Shawshank Redemption is a very close
second! Favorite book is Fire-Starter by Stephen King. Not his best book but it
has always connected with me on so many levels. Fav person? Hmmm...in public or
personal? Fav public person would be Morgan Freeman. He is a true bad @ss!!!
And the best person I know would be my best friend. That “friend” will remain a
secret...for now.
Okay,
let’s flip this question! Cameo, name the worst movie, book, person, etc. Ha!
Alright, you don’t have to name any “worst people” but let’s hear it...worst
movie. :)
CR: Oh gosh! Worst movie so far would have to be THE DEAD. We rented it from RedBox and it said "Best Zombie Movie of the Year". Yeah right!!! Who voted??? It was so excruciatingly lame, that I couldn't even watch it. Fit, able bodied people, that can't outrun zombies that are moving less than one mile an hour! And then, they get eaten!!!
“What advice
would you be willing to offer to those who are writing their own books but have
yet got to the stage of publishing?”
MD:
Trust your words. My motto is “shut-up and write!” Just get your story on paper
or in the keys of your computer. Figure everything else out later. Chase your
muse and write on!
What’s
the best and worst advice you have gotten since starting your writing journey?
(And please don’t say my advice above as the worst...hehehehe...)
CR: Actually,
Madison… your advice is pretty awesome! MY best advice ~ Write a little every
day, whether you want to or not. Even a few hundred words are a few hundred closer
to your novel being complete! :)
Worst advice…
Give up. Don't give up! You'll never know if you had a best seller... :)
“Favorite
crayon color?”
MD:
All of them! There are no bad crayons! Just bad artists. Stop judging my
colorful friends. And the answer is Crimson.
Favorite
candy? Go!
“Procrastination,
is there a way of avoiding it?”
MD:
Dancing.
~
DANCE INTERLUDE!!! BOOM!!! ~
MD: Much better.
CR: Yeah...I think I might have pulled something while doing the Paralyzer. Lol Just kidding... :p
“How do you
interact with you characters when planning out your novels, do they tell you
what they want or do you tell them?”
MD: A
little of both. I usually crush on them at some point. When I am in infatuation
mode, I will do anything for my character. It’s so hard to write something that
hurts your character. And anyone who’s read my series knows there is plenty of
emotional turmoil for my cast.
Have
you ever refused to write something that would hurt or damage your favorite
character in a story? Do you have boundaries or are you a “take no prisoners”
writer?
CR: I've never refused to write anything, even if it hurt my favorite character. I write what comes to me, and hope that it all works out in the end!!! If it doesn't...there will be a lot of editing.
MD: ~
SHOUT OUTS!!! ~
Raine
Thomas!
Alexia
Purdy!
Nely
Cab!
Tymothy
Langoria!
Jack
Sparrow!
Santa
Claus!
Coca
Cola!
Gummy
Bears!
“And…because INQUIRING MINDS want to know, Madison…Are you Team Jacob or Team Edward?”
MD:
This is a 3 part question. BUT first, I am going on record that I am a big fan
of BOTH the books and the movies (but for much different reasons).
Part
1: THE BOOKS! I was actually one of the handful of men who read the series
before the movie machine took over. In the book series (before any of the
movies were cast or filmed), I am completely Team Edward. You have to be. The
story doesn’t grip you or pull you in unless you believe and crave the love
between Bella and Edward. Personally, I couldn’t stand Jacob in the books. I
found him annoying and a just a way to expand the books.
Part
2: THE MOVIES! Now in the movies, the way the love triangle is played out and
brought to life...I am whole heartedly Team Jacob. He really is better for Bella
even if the baby thing comes off weird on screen. Sadly, Edward has been so
watered down with each film and Jacob the opposite. I couldn’t believe by the
end of New Moon (the movie) I had flipped to Team Werewolf! Ha.
Part
3: Soooooo, to answer your question...I am 110% completely and totally...
She
was awesome and lovable in the books. And she is quite...ahem...yummy in the
movies!
UGH!!! Okay...I'll let you keep your yummy answer... :p
UGH!!! Okay...I'll let you keep your yummy answer... :p
Alright,
your turn my friend! Peeta or Gale?
CR: I was a
fan of Gale from the books, and after his character was cast in the movies…it
locked in my fan-girl vote. Plus, he is Thor’s brother… Need I say more?
MD:
Thanks for having me Cameo! You are the best. I am becoming a big fan of yours.
You rock and I hope your future is filled with giggles and warm fuzzy feelings.
We sooooooooo have to do this again! Mahalo!!! (that means ‘WORD’ on the
islands...) Write like a rockstar!
Now,
let’s give away some prizes!!! ~ M
CR: Thanks,
Madison!!! I am a huge fan of yours, and can’t wait for the rest of the Ember
Series to come out!!!
AND YES…










Wow, guys, you're great! Hope I'll win <3 I want soo much to read In my dreams and Ember <3
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!
yes i enjoyed the interview so awesome love ember and madison daniel rocks and you do too!!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked this interview :)
ReplyDelete...And me and Madison Daniel like the same movies xD
I enjoyed the interview, was funny :)) . And thank you for the post and the giveaway!!! You're rock! And good luck everyone!
ReplyDeleteLoved the interview:) It was funny and amazing:D Thanks for the giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview..
ReplyDeletefor the record I am also a Gale fan.. for the EXACT same reasons lol
love the interview it was funny and entertaining. but i just have to say TEAM PEETA!! lmao.
ReplyDeleteYes! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI totally enjoyed the interview, and I hope I will see many more like this, because it was full of fun! I loved it!!
ReplyDeletePS: Music is my inspiration, too. Can't live without it. =)
Ok, that was fun and funny. Would love to see more interviews like this. (^_^)
ReplyDeleteOh, and PS: thank you for the giveaway. I've read Ember and I loved. Would love to have it in my bookshelf and I've heard many good things from my blog friends about "In my Dreams". Oh I would love the all.
absolutely! I love reading interviews :-)
ReplyDeleteOf course I enjoyed the interview ! It's Madison Daniel <3 !
ReplyDeleteLoved the Interview, loved the shoutouts Madison, Gummy Bears, love those, favourite candy bar, Snickers, we used to call them Marathons,also a fave x x
ReplyDeleteYes, very much! <3
ReplyDeleteHey. Enjoy it
ReplyDeleteAgain!!! Another FAB interview with MD "burn on"
ReplyDeleteyes i enjoyed it..
ReplyDeleteI'm Team Alice, toooooooooo! I love you, Cameo! This is just chocolate covered coolness, dipped in bodacious, rolled in awesome-sauce, and served with frozen yogurt :p hehe
ReplyDeleteFunny interview, I agree that music is an important part of our lives...and maybe dancing too? Break dancing is so cool.
ReplyDeleteYes especially the dance interlude...lol
ReplyDeletetinyauthor at yahoo dot com
Totally awesome interview!!! You all rock!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome interview!!! I love reading author interviews! And thx for te awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteAwesome giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy reading interviews with my favourite authors . This one was great and like others said , very funny<3<3<3
ReplyDeleteAwesome interview. <3
ReplyDeleteHa ha! He's team Alice!!
ReplyDeleteVery good!
You see, I don't like Twilight as a whole - I hope you mean what I want to say -, I don't like Edward, nor Bella or Jacob, but I've always liked Alice, Carslile and that blond guy who's with Alice! :))
Ha, ha! I`m twisted.
Loved the interview!! Awesome giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteThe interview was Awesome! I love Paralyzer!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of the most entertaining interviews I have read so far :) Thanks also for the giveaway
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview! It was amazing.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Interview! Loved it, thought it was pretty funny too :-) thanks for this amazing opportunity of a giveaway! I would love to review these books! Already did yours though Cameo :-) thanks again !
ReplyDeleteThat was pretty awesome. Great job.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I loved it! Thank you for this awesome chance of winning three great books!
ReplyDeleteThe interview was AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the interview, very beautiful questions with funny answers.
ReplyDeleteI agree about Thor’s brother...... thank you for the giveaway!
Demitra Giote
Awesome interview..thanks for the giveaway
ReplyDeleteI love the interview! It's amazing :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview, so informative and fun!
ReplyDeleteAwesome...thanks for the interview...
ReplyDeleteFantastic interview! :) Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Interview!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the way it came across as being tit-for-tat - you ask one I'll ask you one back. That was really original and fun!
Great interview! (I'm team Alice too)
ReplyDeleteLoved the interview! CHBB ROCKS! CRUSH ON!
ReplyDeleteYes, I really like the interview. No favorite scenes though.
ReplyDeleteloved the interview. thanks for the give away and good luck everyone.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview :)
ReplyDeleteThis is by far the best interview I've ever read. I was cracking up the entire time! I agree on the Twilight & Hunger Games ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome giveaway!
cassandrahicks1989@yahoo.com
yeah! i loved the interview! :)
ReplyDeletei love snickers to:)
thanks for the giveaway! :)
yes i did!
ReplyDeleteIts so awesome to see an author give other authors love on an interview! Loved the interview!
ReplyDeleteThis interview was so much fun to read! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Interview I Loved It. Snickers Are My Favorite Too.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview! I love it! The idea is awesome!
ReplyDeleteAmazing interview!!! Loved it!!
ReplyDeleteFunny interview :) I totally agree with the whole team Edward, team Jacob thing. The books and films portray it in different ways foe it to be a hard answer. I love books!
ReplyDeleteGood interview I enjoyed it
ReplyDeleteGreat interview, lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI really dig reading about the author and their inspirations. Nice interview.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview! I'm Team Alice also!!! <3
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview, I liked how the pictures corresponded with the answers to the questions. Lol
ReplyDeleteAwesome Interview loved it. thanks for the giveaway
ReplyDeleteGreat interview, I adore Madison!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the interview!!! It was great!!! Cameo and Madison are AWESOME people!!!
ReplyDeleteditto!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed? This was THE most fun Interview!
ReplyDeleteThis was a great interview! It was very entertaining.
ReplyDeleteYes I enjoyed the interview. It was entertaining.
ReplyDeleteS. Young
GREAT INTERVIEW! Although I have to say, I was Team Jacob from day 1 :) I amost did not make it through New Moon b/c I was DYING to know what happened to Jacob :)
ReplyDeleteI love Parlyzer too!
LIVE LOVE BURN!
It was great! Really fun! :]
ReplyDeleteDUH! Of course I did!! Any moment to learn something about my darling friend, Cameo <3 XO
ReplyDeleteI´m team Gale too ! *-*
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway.
HEY HEY !! I so enjoyed the post, great interview!;)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about this giveaway. WOOHOO!!! Loved reading the interview too, I'm a big fan of Madison Daniel's. Would love to win his books autographed. Thanks for doing this awesome giveaway....
ReplyDeleteGreat interview, very entertaining. Awesome giveaway too, would love to win :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful interview! So great to learn about the authors :) Would love to read all the books!
ReplyDeleteThat was an awesome interview. Thoroughly enjoyed reading though it all.
ReplyDeletecmucha319@yahoo.com
Love this interview! Would love to see Madison Daniel break dance. :D Thank you so much for the wonderful giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLove the interview and would be honored to have anything signed by Madison Daniel. Thank you for the giveaway.
ReplyDeletegreat interview.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview!!
ReplyDeleteGO TEAM ALICE =D lol
Great Interview
DeleteYes I loved the interview..It was great!
ReplyDeleteGreat interview. It's always nice to know a little about the author of books that I have read or want to read.
ReplyDelete-Maritza
what a wonderful interview!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the giveaway!
Erin
Thanks for the great interview and giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the interview and thanks for the giveaway, my fingers are crossed that I win:)
ReplyDeleteThe interview was simply GREAT!
ReplyDeleteThanks for both, the enjoyable entertainment and the awesome giveaway! *Fingers crossed!!*
Great interview I really enjoyed it! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview~ Two of my favorite authors! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the interview thank you!
ReplyDeleteIt was an Awesome interview! Great way to get to know the Authors!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting interview! Definitely different :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome :D. I love interviews like this, can't believe I've only just seen it. -_-
ReplyDeleteInterview totally rocked! ~ Felicia Starr
ReplyDeleteLOVED the interview! Great questions and very entertaining. Thanks for the giveaway :D
ReplyDeleteLoved the interview - particularly team Alice lol
ReplyDeleteVery Entertaining
ReplyDeleteI loved the pictures and other goodies you put into the interview!!
ReplyDeleteI loved this awesome interview..
ReplyDeleteLoved it!! I laughed out and scared the dog! Which is rather amusing since she is huge and related to the Dire Wolves used in the tv series, Game of Thrones.
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to start this series.
And just an fyi, I LOVE The Crow. I am always quoting things and that movie is just ripe with delicious little tidbits.
"Victims, aren't we all?"
"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."
Oh and hey...thank you Cameo AND Madison for being such an inspiration to those of us who are trying to get that first book squeezed out of the Pia Mater and made reality.
-Ti Colluney
Love the interview =)
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
//Linda
I loved the interview! It really told us alot about the author! Thanks for the giveaway :)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the interview it was awesome. thanks for the great giveaway!
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed the interview, ok, I love the way you act, Renae, I don't know, you're so full of energy and the way you enjoy life, you make me feel like dancing, lol! Ok, the giveaway it's awesome, I'm gonna try my luck! Love ya, guys!
ReplyDeleteSeriously. Loved. This. Too, cool! It was great to meet Madison. I love the Lit II revelation and break dancing....
ReplyDeleteReally awesome interview! :) Always a fantastic way to find out more about the author.
ReplyDeleteI not only enjoyed the interview, I totally agreed with you on the books/movies from Twilight. They sooo watered down Edward that it saddened me. In the books, it was all about Edward, in the movie, it was all about how Bella was already of his world and less the love (although I am still Team Edward LOL). Thanks for the chance at such a great prize.
ReplyDelete-Dawn aka dawnmomoffour
thedoyle6@rogers.com
Loved the interview. You guys rock. Keep up the great author interviews please. Big hugs & Thanks
ReplyDeleteI loved the interview it was Awesome! Thank you so much for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteLovely interview. I agree with Jacob being much better in the movies than Edward and lvoe the uniqueness of your answer - Team Alice for the win!
ReplyDeleteThan-you for sharing...Alison Rush (alisongail99@aol.com)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing...
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you! ((:
ReplyDeleteAmazing giveaway!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI find this all so delightful :) Yes, I would love to read some more!
ReplyDelete